Controllers Conference PON
How can we begin to make our finance departments stimulate innovation worldwide?
Innovation is a hot topic within PON. It has to be stimulated in every one of the business groups and divisions. At first glance, the finance department appears to have little to do with innovation. The controllers are focused on minimizing risk, oversight, and calculations. How do we trigger these individuals to activate their right hemisphere and review their work from a different perspective? Besides the professional sessions, they asked AimAtArt to provide the creative thread during the two day international congress:
- Taking controllers out of their comfort zone
- Generate interaction and inspiration with regard to innovation
- Introduce international financials to perspective change
During the two days, AimAtArt has provided several interventions to continually stimulate the controllers to apply a different mindset.
- Eye-Opener on location with the art collection of PON. Discussion based on the artworks of what innovation means to you and your role as controller
- Going in depth on the Eye-Opener Tour with conversation cards during lunch
- Visualisation assignment on how every business group will accelerate innovation
- Giveaway cards and home-made photos to stretch innovation to their own business group
- Controllers brought out of their comfort zone and frame of mind expanded
- Awareness of finance’s role in innovation
- New ideas on how finance can stimulate innovation
- Motivation and tools to stimulate innovation within their own business group
“Together with AimAtArt, we gave shape to a challenging programme for the PON finance community on the topic of innovation. The participants were stimulated to think about innovation in an ‘unconventional for financials’ way.” By activating the right hemisphere during the two days, the effects that innovation can have on the daily practices of financials were creatively discussed. The two day programme contributed to our need to make the finance community conscious of their role in innovation for the business, both short term and long term.
– VP Finance PON